If you find yourself in need of more living space, you have a couple of options. You could move some rooms around or try to add a room to your home. Adding a room could be worthwhile but it is expensive and consumes a lot of space. If you don’t have the space, you could convert your garage into a flat or a spare bedroom. That will be a helpful way to save space and expand your living area.
Convert a Garage
Converting a garage begins with a phone call to a trusted home renovations company in Cowdenbeath.
- A garage will need to be insulated against heat exchange. Many garages are not insulated when they are built.
- A garage will also need to have utilities run to it if you plan for it to be an actual flat.
- If you just need a spare bedroom, then it might be able to suffice with just the delivery of electricity.
- If it is not on the central heating and air conditioning system that you have, you have two options. You can expand your central HVAC system or you can install an independent system for that room.
- You also should consider the flooring. The flooring is one of the most important choices that you will make and you should work with professionals to decide the right kind.
Choosing flooring is important because the ground is often colder than the air around it. The ground takes longer to heat up and longer to cool down. Therefore, your floor and your flooring need to be well insulated against heat exchange.