We all know what being cheated is about by those with devious intentions, as it sadly happens in every corner of the world on a daily basis, doesn’t it? And when it comes to moving homes it even happens there too! Simply type “moving house scams” into a search engine, and see what comes up! Nightmare situations of what happened to decent folk who unfortunately didn’t do any homework and research and checked out if a company is indeed who they say they are.
Should you be looking at moving soon, then you must get to know how not to be scammed by anyone out there with bad intentions, and what to look out for and know if the movers you are thinking of dealing with are good people or not.
So, as to put a stop to any chance of you losing any of your lovely possessions and/or money to evildoing lowlifes, wise up and follow this easy advice:
- Go online and look for any previous rip offs. It will take you a very short amount of time with a search engine and may save you serious grief later on.
- Put in the company’s name and the word ‘scam’ afterwards and click go.
- There you will see if there’s anything negative about the company you’re thinking of using.
- If there is something, it might just be in your best interests to check out another one and do the same.
- If you’re moving home in and looking for a professional house Removal Company in Cambridgeshire, make sure to use one which is experienced, affordable and reliable.
- When online, look for reviews, and not only on a removal company’s web site.
- Ask all the questions you want answers to and make sure to leave no question unanswered.
- Questions related to the relocation process, the costs, and what all of it is being spent on, what type of lorry, and anything else that you wish to know.
- Remember that all scam artists don’t like giving specifics, so if you notice that your questions are not being given clear answers, it’s best to check out a different company.
- Get a quote and get it written down.
- A respectable moving company will easily provide you with a written estimate, which includes both the price and the service.
- If someone declares that a price over the phone is ‘yeah, something like that,’ give them a miss, as they could hike up the price later on after you’ve moved.
- Don’t pay a single penny until you are handed a document, because if there are any problems later on, you will then have your legal rights backed up with the signed document.
- Make sure that the company provides you with a signed document that clearly shows all of the services and pricing, and has all of the mover’s details on it.
Now, that should ensure that any people out there looking for an easy target, will certainly not get your attention! Have a great move.